Usually my christmas gifts all consist of some homemade awesomeness, but this year I was in short supply. Partly because I was inspired in other directions and also because it's super hard to be crafty sometimes when your PG. So instead I settled on one project, for Lincoln's cousin Kairi. (dear family, do i need to add a disclaimer that Matt's whole family exchanges presents, so i don't get in trouble for not making a slew of these dresses?)

Using the tutorial found here I created this little beauty. Although the tutorial was a litle confusing and unclear at times it turned out with good results.

And every good dress needs an enormous bow in the back! I was so nervous about the fit because it seemed so small, but when she opened it up and we tried it on it was just fine! There was a little gaping in the back, but not enough to cause major problems, and I was glad that was the only problem since i never could try it on her as i made it.
And to top it off a flower headband!Sometimes I'm so amazed when the stuff I make turns out right!
About a week before christmas we started asking Lincoln what he thought Santa was going to bring him for christmas. He enthusiastically replied Jingle Bells! I quickly had to think, where do you buy jingle bells a week before christmas? We tried every store we could think of with no luck, until Matt finally checked the craft store and low and behold he was able to buy the last set they had! I went to work and made up a set for Linc and for Kairi. I was trying not get my hopes up too much that Lincoln would even notice them in his stocking, anf of course he didn't. But the payoff is that when you now ask him, what did Santa bring you, he enthusiastically replies Jingle Bells!
And since i felt a little guilty that hardly any of my presents were homemade i put some love into the wrapping job, which i think was appreciated :)
Linny that dress is beautiful!! Very well done!
ReplyDeleteHoly CUTE!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete